The cough typically develops over a day or so and may become quite irritating. Other symptoms may develop and include high temperature (fever), headache, aches and pains. Cold symptoms may occur if the infection also affects the nose. Symptoms typically peak after 2-3 days, and then gradually clear.
However, the cough may persist for up to four weeks after the infection has gone. This is because the inflammation in the airways, caused by the infection, can take a while to clear.
Carrots are a great source of vitamin A, carotene, iron, potassium, manganese, magnesium, calcium, and phosphorus. They are a great natural remedy for constipation, intestinal inflammation, cleansing the blood, diarrhea. Furthermore, they provide the following health benefits:
- Boost the immune system
- Maintain a good eyesight
- Prevent heart disease
- Prevents cancer
- Excellent for skin health
- Detoxify the body
Moreover, this vegetable can treat various respiratory problems and help in the case of colds, coughs, bronchitis, asthma. The following remedy will help you cure the cough and eliminate the phlegm from the lungs. What’s more, it can also be given to children.
Homemade Cough Syrup Recipe
- 5 cups organic carrots
- 3 tablespoons raw organic honey (we recommend this)
- Cut the carrots in pieces.
- Boil them in water and until the carrots soften.
- Remove them from heat, and mash them with a fork or in a blender.
- Let it cool a little bit then add honey and then the mashed carrots.
- Keep this syrup in a cold room.
Take 4 spoons of this on a daily basis.